Is eating an avocado a day healthy?
Eating an avocado a day is good for your health. Avocado consumption has skyrocketed in the last two decades, from an average annual consumption of 1.5 pounds per person in 1998, to 7.5 pounds in 2017.
What are the benefits of eating an avocado?
Benefits of avocados: 4 ways they are good for your health
- They are a great source of potassium. Read More.
- They’re packed with monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats are fat molecules with one unsaturated carbon bond, Drayer said.
- They are also high in fiber.
- Avocados are rich in folate.
Jun 3, 2021
What are 5 health benefits of avocados?
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Avocados
- #1: Heart Health. Avocados contain the plant chemical beta-sitosterol which helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- #2: Healthy Eyes.
- #3: Growth and Development.
- #4: Blood Pressure.
- #5: Weight Loss.
- Avocado Recipes To Try:
Is avocado good for weight loss?
Avocados are high in fiber, which promotes weight loss and metabolic health. High fiber foods help reduce appetite, decrease the risk of high blood pressure, and serve to lower your cholesterol levels. Avocados rev your metabolism and are keto-friendly even though they are high in carbohydrates.